Friday, May 22, 2015

The Pride Of The Allow

I have not seen her since nineteen sixty three
But memories of her great beauty today are with me
Her shoulder length dark hair and lovely eyes of brown
The most beautiful woman in old Kanturk Town

Then in her early twenties near her physical prime
Of her mental pictures i retain despite the passing of time
But i was quite young then a lad of sixteen
And to the ways of love and of life rather green

The sun it was shining on a lovely Spring day
And the hawthorns were cloaked in their white blooms of the May
She smiled and said hello to me on passing my way
A beautiful memory that with me does stay

A beautiful young woman from the Town of the River Allow
One can say of her she had the inner glow
Though her i was never for to see again
Memories of her beauty with me does remain

Though time as we know becomes everyone's foe
This beautiful memory is with me from decades ago
The wind tossing her dark hair in fancy i see
The Pride of the Allow smiling at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment