Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Often Think Of Claraghatlea

I often think of Claraghatlea just west of Millstreet Town
Where i lived many years ago when my hair was dark brown
Till the yearn of wander woke in me and lured me far away
From the countryside in view of Clara Hill where i feel at home today
The Moyne Shire in south west Victoria in distance is far south
Of the fields of the badger, jackdaw and rook and the waterways of the brown trout
I would be a stranger to many today in the Town of Millstreet
And perhaps i will never again walk in the fields where the rivers do meet
Near mid Winter in the Moyne Shire on the first week of July
The sun is not out today hidden in the gray clouds of the sky
Yet the warbling of the magpies so pleasant for to hear
The birds that sing in all Seasons and every day of the year
But i often think of Claraghatlea north of here and far away
Where i lived many years ago and first looked on the lamp of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment