Sunday, July 12, 2015

I Want To Live On

The longest lived human life in time not a long span
On average three score and ten years a few years more for a man
And since a life after bodily death may be based on a lie
Why be in any big hurry for to die
And since i only believe what my eyes do see
Of a life after death ask one other than me
The only god i believe in is the god of the mind
Without your god within you cannot be compassionate and kind
We hear and read so much of the post death worlds of heaven and hell
But of the existence of such places any deceased person has not come back to tell
And though the physical best years of my life are in the long gone
I love life as much as ever and i want to live on
Though life's journeys end for me cannot be far away
My great love of life it is with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment