Monday, July 6, 2015

What Is A Pleasure To Me

What is a pleasure to me to many seems a waste of time
For i am one who does enjoy penning rhyme
Something i have been doing since i was twenty seven in nineteen seventy three
It was love of rhyme that made a rhymer of me
And though my worth as a rhymer i often does doubt
No shortage of things for me to write rhymes about
I am one of those who pens rhymes every day
Old habits die hard as the wise one does say
I used to believe that i would be a poet
One seen to be worthy of literary note
But from life we receive what is only our due
Though some they will tell you that this is not true
I write rhymes for enjoyment and little else more
This is something you may have heard me say before
I do enjoy rhyming the reason i write rhymes every day
And it is something i never hope to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment