Saturday, September 26, 2015

In Ten Years From Now

In ten years from now if living i will be an old man
And very near the end of a long life span
And though i have long lost the energy of youthful elan
I wish to live on for as long as i can
Live for on a life after bodily death i do not believe
For if i did tell you different you i would deceive
No i do not believe on a paradise in the sky
Where good souls post bodily death with wings to does fly
Like every other mortal with every new dawn my last day draws near
My lack of faith perhaps is one reason that death i do fear
I do envy those who have the gift of faith
Who believe that for their devotion to their god Paradise them does await
In ten years from now if living the end of my life's journey for me will be in sight
Since for all of us there is a last day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment