Sunday, October 25, 2015

But Does It Really Matter

Far north of this countryside by Warrnambool
I was dunce of the classroom where i went to school
But going back the years this now seems long ago
And time as is said becomes everyone's foe

Some i went to school with are where the deceased do lay
And the others like me are showing their years today
And each individual's life journey has to come to an end
We are born to die why otherwise pretend

The bright boys of of my classroom i often wonder about
Like me do they have their moments of self doubt
From studying quite hard success they did achieve
Knowledge does not come to the mind not open to receive

In my late twenties and thirties i daydreamed of fame as a poet
Wealthy and admired and of literary note
But rhymers are many and poets are few
And to this you may say do tell us what is new

But does it really matter when all is said and done
If any success in life i have never won
The best years of my existence are in the long gone
And my biological clock as ever ticking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment