Sunday, November 29, 2015

I Have Not Seen Them For Years

I have not seen them for years my friends over there
Some of them like i did went to live elsewhere
And some of them with the deceased now does lay
For all of us there is a last night and day

Today i would be a stranger to many in and near Millstreet Town
Where i spent my best physical years when my hair was dark brown
But of my friends of the past only memories remain
And only in my visualizing i see them again

My journeys in life have brought me far south
Of the home of the rook and the badger and the brown river trout
And today even in Claraghatlea where i grew into a man
I may be a stranger to many in where my life's journey began

The friends of my younger years long past their physical prime
Like me they now would be showing the passing of time
And that i went my own way in life well may be so
But i retain good memories of the long ago

We live in the now and the past it has gone
And tomorrow will dawn and life does go on
And i may never again hear the lowing of a cow
In Spring in a field by old River Finnow.

No comments:

Post a Comment