Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Best I Can Be

An ordinary fellow is best to describe me
But the rhymes in my brain they are ever flowing free
But never for money or literary renown
Only for enjoyment and pleasure in notebook i pen them down

Let those who feel worthy of literary note
Lay claim to the honorary title of poet
Let them have the honor they feel is their due
Suppose each to their own can only be true

For my rhymes i never desire wealth and fame
And i care not if mine is not a well known name
With rhyming words i am one who just loves for to play
And i add to my numbers of rhymes every day

On this first of November of sunshine and breeze
The nesting birds singing on the bushes and trees
A beautiful day in the southern Spring
The pleasure and joy Nature to us does bring

New rhymes every day keep on coming to me
But a rhymer at best is the best i can be
But if i said i would quit rhyming this would be a lie
As i hope to be doing it till the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment