Saturday, December 5, 2015

West Of Millstreet I Do Say

When people ask me where i come from i tell them west of Millstreet Town
Where i lived for many Seasons when my hair it was dark brown
Claraghatlea in view of Clara by the roadway to Rathmore
Far north even as the migratory bird fly of the blue Pacific shore
And where is Millstreet Town they ask me in Duhallow in north Cork i say
From the Cork and Kerry border five to seven miles away
Those not interested in geography little of the World do know
And of towns in other Countries only a slight interest show
The only thing they know of Ireland are it's National games of Hurling and Gaelic Football
Games that they only do know of and do not interest them at all
But each to their own as is said and this does seem ever true
Most people are tribal and parochial this is to give them their due
When people ask me where i come from west of Millstreet i do say
In the Barony of Duhallow north of here and far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment