Friday, January 29, 2016

I Am Of The Place

I am of the place where the waterways meet
In the old rushy fields towards the west of Millstreet
The home to the badger the rook and the silver backed crow
And the dark brown water bird dipper of breast white as snow

I may never again see Hibernia's shore
Or stand on the hill above high Claramore
On a nice Summer's day enjoying the scenery
Of the green countryside way beyond Knocknagree

It is only in fancy i nowadays meet an erstwhile friend
For perhaps i will never again walk on Millstreet's West End
Where i always did feel as one of their own
To many today there i would not be known

I am of the place where old Finnow does flow
On towards the Blackwater it babbles on slow
Through the flat countryside that in all Seasons is green
I only can visualize of Nature's beauty i have seen

I am of the place from here far away
Where above the rushy fields on nights in May
The territorial male snipe with his tail makes a drumming sound
Of the what used to be the good memories abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment