Sunday, March 20, 2016

Everyone For Herself Or Himself

Everyone for herself or himself and God for us all
Whoever first said this in thinking thought small
Though with such i know of many who do agree
Such a negative way of looking at life does seem selfish to me
I would much prefer the saying of give to receive
As on such a life philosophy i do believe
Of material wealth and fame so many of seem in need
Such things as we know that have their source in greed
I know it is something that has often been said before
Of kind and compassionate people the Human World is in need of more
The wealthy and famous too one day must die
There are too many who promote me, myself and i
I would much prefer the saying of live and let live
And for to receive you must know how to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment