Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Past Follows Me

I will never be free of the what used to be
Wherever i go to my past follows me
It has followed me from old fields far away
I am one who thinks of the past every day

The song of the chaffinch i fancy i hear
He sings in a grove to my thoughts ever near
A pink breasted songster in his physical prime
Old memories remain and take me back in time

My wonder of Nature only seems to grow
Though little about her i can claim to know
I first grew to love her far north as a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy

The white breasted birds of backs of dark brown
Are singing in the waterways to the west of the town
Fond memories of the water birds dippers with me does remain
Often in fancy i hear and i see them again

Good memories of what was are with me to stay
And my thoughts often go to places far away
But we can only live in the now as the wise one does say
And tomorrow the past it will be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment