Friday, April 8, 2016

It Seems True Enough

It seems true enough anyone can write rhyme
And rhymers were the poets of another time
And in the twenty first century literature poetry is no longer the in thing
It is mostly the praises of novelists the literary critics do sing

I used to love reading rhymes when i was a schoolboy
And penning them nowadays i surely do enjoy
I penned my first rhymes in nineteen seventy three
And it was my love of rhyme that made a rhymer of me

Even among rhymers i will never be one to the fore
It is something i enjoy doing and little else more
A hobby for me without honor or pay
But what i enjoy doing i could not give away

Even in literature many changes in the twenty first century
And an old fashioned rhymer at best is the best i can be
My best days in life to the forever gone
But true to my calling i will keep on rhyming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment