Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Memories Of Millstreet Town

On my flights of fancy i walk up and down
The familiar sidewalks of old Millstreet Town
A gem by the mountains that is known far and wide
Beyond the borders of Duhallow's green countryside

I have long shed the last of my nostalgic tears
And i have not been in Millstreet for three decades of years
But of the what used to be the memories remain
And mental images of what was today i retain

When people ask me where i come from i say near the Town of Millstreet
From the green countryside where the waterways meet
North of this country thousands of Kilometers away
Where to many i would be a stranger today

In the big World out there some great sights to see
But a fellow from Millstreet is all i can be
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
In Claraghatlea less than two kilometers west of the Town

My heritage to anyone i never deny
When people ask me where i come from i always reply
From near Millstreet Town by the road to Rathmore
A few hours inland by car from Hibernia's wild shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment