Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Proud People

Pride is a thing that is in everyone
Proud of their daughter and proud of their son
You feel rather proud when others you impress
With the stories of your recent success

One surely can say that this thing known as pride
To the human ego is closely allied
When others constantly your praises sing
For your ego it may not be a good thing

Though to converse with them i never go out of my way
Proud people i happen to meet every day
Of their most recent achievements to me they relate
As if of their success i too should celebrate

Telling of the achievements of self and of family
Proud people everywhere all around me
Though self praise is no praise some do like to say
One must listen to thunder it does seem this way

Proud people they are much the same Worldwide
The pump for their deflating ego is pride
I need not walk further than the local bar
To meet people who tell me of how marvelous they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment