Monday, April 18, 2016

Since I Have Not Been There

Since i have not been there for three decades of years
For green old Duhallow i have long shed my last tears
Though in my flights of fancy on a Winter day
In a farmyard shed i hear cattle bellowing for silage or hay
And the loud babble of brown flood water in the fast flowing rill
Bank high in the fields from it's source by the hill
And i can visualize listening to the birds sing
In a leafy grove near the prime of the Spring
Yet time that does not wait for anyone did not wait for me
And i only have memories of the what used to be
And at 12 a m the past will be today
We can only live in the now as the wise one does say
Though sometimes in my flights of fancy i can hear again
Brown flood water flowing in a roadside drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment