Monday, April 18, 2016

To Me It Will Not Matter

To me it will not matter when i have lived my last day
If nice or unkind things others of me have to say
Though i wish to live on for as long as i can
Live since i will be of no use to anyone as a dead man
There is an old saying never speak ill of the dead
Though the dead cannot read or hear of what is written of them or said
The great gift of life is the greatest gift anyone does possess
A far greater gift than the wealth and fame of Worldly success
As long as they speak the truth of me their opinions of me suits me fine
For what others say of me is their business and their business cannot be mine
Another old saying from the past i recall
In life you may well win many but you will not win them all
Since i am far from perfect i feel all too aware
And what others say of me why should i much care.

No comments:

Post a Comment