Tuesday, May 3, 2016

You Inquire Douglas Scotney

You inquire Douglas Scotney what my biggest problem might be
That seems quite a very good question to me
Perhaps the answer to it is i am addicted to penning of rhyme
And i have written a whole heap of rhyming stuff over a period of time

And most people i do know and who think they know me well
Do not know i am one who pens reams of doggerel
And since their interests in life are quite different to mine
They would not be interested on what i do and this suits me fine

In good health on the doorstep of seventy and free of physical pain
I am not one about life who ought to complain
And good health as is known is one of the greatest gifts of all
And why should i worry when my biggest worry is small

As a writer Douglas i am sure you would know famous and wealthy writers are few
Though your answer to this may be tell us what is new
And that you and i have one thing in common does seem true to say
With words we are fellows who do love to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment