Sunday, June 19, 2016

On My Flights Of Fancy

On my flights of fancy past friends i do see
The mental images of them do remain with me
Though my journey in life has led me far away
From where i first looked on the bright lamp of day
In reality time leaves us all looking older why otherwise pretend
And a friend of the past is just that a past friend
But for as long as our gift of memory we retain
Mental images of the past in our minds do remain
In life so few lucky enough to make it to the pinnacle of wealth and fame
And no two journeys in life are exactly the same
Though it has been many years since i lived near the Town of Millstreet
On my flights of fancy past friends i do meet
But the now is all that does matter as the wise one does say
And i feel happy enough in where i live today.

No comments:

Post a Comment