Tuesday, July 5, 2016

In My Dreams The Past

In my dreams the past it does come back to me
The fields of Duhallow again i do see
And the streams to the rivers to the ocean shore
And the hills of Sliabh Luachra overlooking Rathmore

The boy of the fifties old looking, bald and gray
And from Cullen and Millstreet does live far away
He will never more see Blackwater in flood waters of brown
Bank high in the old fields close to Millstreet Town

We all have our own dreams in life to pursue
But dreams as we know for so few do come true
Many leave their first home places to travel far
The World's big Cities are where most migrants are

On my flights of fancy old friends i do meet
In my visualized walks in the Town of Millstreet
For as long as the gift of memory with us does stay
The past will be with us until our dying day

On my flights of fancy i do see again
The hills of the Boggeraghs in their fogs of rain
And though time it will eventually become my foe
My past follows me to wherever to i do go.

No comments:

Post a Comment