Sunday, July 24, 2016

Where Mine To Many Nowadays

Where mine to many nowadays would not be a known face
But it will always remain to me as my favorite place
Claraghatlea my birthplace by the Town of Millstreet
In the green countryside where the waterways meet

Where i first saw light of day and the journey in life for me began
And from a young child i grew into a man
And forged many friendships and penned my first rhyme
My love for the home-place has not faded in time

Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
I only have memories now of Millstreet Town
And the people i knew there who are aging like me
One cannot physically return to the what used to be

Six weeks from the birth of the calendar Spring
Today in Illowa the magpies do sing
And my thoughts are of a green place far away
Where i first looked on the bright lamp of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment