Monday, August 8, 2016

The Best I Can Be

Not one who is worthy of literary note
Though i used to daydream that i might be a poet
But going back the years that now seems long ago
And time that rusts iron has since become my foe

It was my love of rhyme made a rhymer of me
And a rhymer at best is the best i can be
Just something i love doing and little else more
And something you may have heard me say before

Anybody can write rhymes as most would agree
Shower rhymes with flower and bee rhymes with tree
New rhymes with few and knee rhymes with see
To write rhymes you do not need a literary degree

Far north of this countryside by Warrnambool
I did have the title as dunce of the school
This hardly is something to recall with pride
In the twilight of my existence with time not on my side

Addicted to rhyming of me one can say
With rhyme words i am one who does love to play
For many years i have been a rhyming buff
One of those who has written a whole heap of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment