Tuesday, October 25, 2016

So Little Of Life's Ways

So little of life's ways i can claim for to know
But since i left the fields of the silver backed crow
I have learned a bit something new every day
We never stop learning it does seem this way

I cannot say i have been there and done that
Though i have worked in pipeline crews in old Ballarat
A hard way to earn a living the easiest day tough
A few Seasons in such work for me seemed enough

Of my life not any great stories to tell
Though i worked on Melbourne building sites in Winter wet and cool and Summer warm as hell
In weather temperatures sometimes at forty degrees
With cement dust blowing in my face in the humid breeze

Any of life's opportunities i was not the type of person to seize
In the high Yarra Ranges on high electrical power vehicles i spent time trimming trees
Above electrical power wires where danger was rife
Where one mistake could be the end of your life

Felling trees in woods in Duhallow and Muskerry in weather often wet and cold
In my physical prime left me feeling tired and old
Any job that i worked in did not need a degree
And working for a living has not made a wealthy man out of me

Far south of the fields where the rushes in clusters do grow
So little of life's ways i have come to know
But we learn as we live as the wise one does say
And from life i do learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment