Saturday, December 10, 2016

Since Last I Was In Old Duhallow

Since i was last in old Duhallow there has been many a Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring
And only in visualizations nowadays i can hear a robin sing
On a leafy silver birch tree when the hawthorns are cloaked in their white blooms of the May
I miss the green fields of Duhallow and i do think of them every day
Good memories known to last a lifetime and live on as a source of joy
In my thoughts the dippers often singing in a stream in peaceful Lisnaboy
Since last i see green old Duhallow so many years have come and gone
But in view of the Boggeragh Ranges life without me does go on
Yet in the gloom of a Spring twilight in a rushy field by river Finnow
I hear the drumming of a male snipe and the soft lowing of a cow
It has been years since i saw Duhallow though fond memories of there i retain
And i have the visual memories of the Boggeraghs half cloaked in the gray fogs of rain
Since i was last in old Duhallow it does seem a long time ago
And in the twilight of my existence time it has become my foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment