Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Old Fields I Loved

The old fields i loved in my memory remain
And though physically i may never walk on them again
The visual memories of them i do retain
In Spring green and resplendent in their wildflowers after recent rain

We all have our memories good and bad of the past
Though the good memories are those we hope with us does last
Till the life's reaper on our lives has the final say
And for me in time such a moment cannot be far away

And though the past as is said in the forever gone
Good memories of what was in me does live on
In the fields where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy.

In the green coastal countryside of Illowa near the City of Warrnambool
Far south of Millstreet Town in Duhallow where i went to Primary School
The fields of the badger and the waterways of the brown trout
Are living in me in this land of the south

The beautiful song that the blackbird does sing
Does carry me off to a far away Spring
And though what has been in the forever gone
In the mental images it does live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment