Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Compared To Many I Am Lucky

Compared to many i am lucky this i must say
Since i have never gone without food not even for a day
And though of my worth as a person i sometimes do doubt
Of any of life's necessissities i have never gone without
I have never been homeless or lived as a refugee
Though poverty can be relative it does seem to me
And though i am one at the wrong end of the social divide
I do believe that i have luck on my side
Every day in the World people of hunger die
Compared to them so very lucky am i
Though this is not saying anything that is new
The majority of the wealth of the World is owned by the wealthy few
In life i have been luckier than most and this is not a lie
Since it will not be of hunger that i will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment