Saturday, January 28, 2017

He Called Me Sir Twice

He made me feel important when he called me sir twice
Of the title of respect i did feel how nice
I must admit i enjoyed my ten seconds of fame
But later when i thought about it i realized sir is not my name
Sir is a royal title as is a duke, count or knight
And for someone like me it just does not seem right
With my temporary title i got carried away
But that most people can be subject to flattery does seem true to say
Since i am not one of the highbrows of society
The title of sir will never be reserved for one like me
He only referred to me as sir since my name he did not know
His way to a stranger older than him some respect to show
But i did feel important when he called me sir twice
And just for a moment it did sound quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment