Monday, January 23, 2017

I Am One Of Those

I am one of those out of date people for many years a rhyming buff
Of four decades and three years of rhyming i have written a whole pile of stuff
One of many unpaid internet rhymers there are plenty like me everywhere
Who are dismissed by the literary critics of the literary World out there

One who has seen three score and ten years of living my better years in the long gone
Like all other internet rhymers my love of rhyme keeps me rhyming on
Rhymers nowadays are literary outsiders few things ever do seem to last
In years from now the present literary in style may be dismissed as a thing of the past

As a boy back in the nineteen fifties i remember rhyme was a literary in thing
On Winter nights rhymes by the fireside recited and singers the old songs did sing
What was popular in the long gone decades is not a literary in thing of today
Even in literature the changes keep on happening and few things as they were do stay

Just one more internet rhymer this too can be said of me
I penned my first rhymes at twenty seven way back in nineteen seventy three
When i was younger and fitter and stronger time has left me looking older and gray
Yet i remain faithful to rhyming and with rhyme words i do love to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment