Sunday, January 1, 2017

I Have Never Been To Utopia

I have never been to utopia far away from earthly hell
But of life stories like all others i have many for to tell
Of the good and not so good times i have met along life's way
And each dawning i do wake to brings me nearer to my last day

I can tell about the skylarks singing over Clara hill
And the ever pleasant ripple in the old fields of the rill
When the nesting birds are singing in the twilight calm and gray
And the air sweet with the scent of blossom in the balmy month of May

Mostly good memories of Nature i like to relate to and retain
Like the song of the rufous whistler in the thunder and the rain
Loud noise does wake the song in him and compels him for to sing
Of Nature's many wonders just one more amazing thing

Like billions of other people good and bad days i have known
But only the happy memories we do cherish as our own
My best memories are of Nature though her secrets not in the few
Every day from her i learn something marvelous and new

I have never climbed Mt Everest or competed for Olympic gold
And in book form the story of my life will not be told
I am one who does love Nature and enjoys writing rhyme
And one the years have left their mark on and is running out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment