Friday, January 13, 2017

I Have Never Claimed Myself

I have never claimed myself for to be a poet
Nor do i feel one as worthy of literary note
Since an old fashioned rhymer is the best i can claim to be
My love of rhyme has made a rhymer of me

The stuff i write the sort that anybody could write
So easy to remember and to recite
By the literary experts rhymers are not considered as the poets of today
That rhyme has lost out to change it does seem this way

In the prime of my life the rhyming bug bit me
And i penned my first rhymes in nineteen seventy three
And every day the new rhymes that i do write
I email to be published to a literary blog site

Even in literature few things in time seem to last
And as poetry goes rhyme is considered as a thing of the past
Something publishers no longer publish to sell
And by literary critics put in the throw out bin of doggerel

I used to love reading rhymes as a young boy
And writing them nowadays is a thing i enjoy
If i told you i would give up rhyming this would be a lie
For i hope to be doing it till the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment