Thursday, April 13, 2017

In My Visualizations

In my visualizations time seems to stand still
On the bracken clad slopes of old Clara hill
On a pleasant evening in early July
The brown lark above me caroling in the sky

Picking tiny blue whortleberries the fruits of the heath
When ripe very tasty and delicious to eat
Duhallow and Sliabh Luachra's green countryside
As far as the eyes can see stretching far and wide

From Clara overlooking the Town of Millstreet
And the old rushy fields where the waterways meet
I often climbed it in weather free of the gray fogs of rain
And in visualizations climb it again and again

In my visualizations i go back in time
To when i was younger in my physical prime
When the hawthorns were cloaked in their blooms of white to gray
On the ditches of the fields of Claraghatlea in May

In my visualizations the past comes to me
And i go back in time in my memory
To when i was younger and my hair was dark brown
And i worked in the fields just west of Millstreet Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment