Thursday, May 4, 2017

Addicted To Rhyming

Everyday rhymes come to me i just write them down
But never for money or literary renown
Among the rhyming sort not one to the fore
I just write for enjoyment and little else more

Years ago i used to daydream that i would be a poet
One looked on as worthy of literary note
But literary success for me now seem further away
Than it used to be in a long bygone day

Writing rhymes is an enjoyable hobby to me
Something i have been doing since nineteen seventy three
Though to show for it not any literary success
It has brought to me so much happiness

Though losing is something anyone does not choose
In life for some to win others do have to lose
Writing rhymes has brought happy moments to me
Though i seem out of date in the twenty first century

I am one of those who writes rhymes every day
But never for money or for monetary pay
Addicted to rhyming i feel i must be
It was my love of rhyme made a rhymer of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment