Tuesday, May 2, 2017

It Was My Love Of Travel

So many things in Nature for to write rhymes about
In this varied and wonderful Land of the south
A Land of many colors and amazing scenery
I can only marvel at the beauty every day around me

Australia's first people with a history so old in time
Their legends have inspired song, story and rhyme
Their great love of their Country one can understand
Since their ancestors had lived for so long in this southern Land

A Land where in all Seasons natural beauty is to be seen
In some areas the brown paddocks of Summer and Autumn in Winter turn green
In the flat and sparsely populated outback that most times look brown
There are hundreds of kilometers of roadways between every town

With flora and fauna quite amazing to see
Home of pittosporum and wattles and various types of eucalypt tree
Home of emu, koala and wombat and kangaroo
And various species of honeyeater and cockatoo

I have loved Mother Nature since i was a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy
From the fields of the badger and the streams of the brown trout
It was my love of travel that brought me this far south.

No comments:

Post a Comment