Monday, May 1, 2017

Three Decades Ago

Three decades ago on leaving Erin's shore
I never realized then that i may never more
On a Summer's evening stand on Clara overlooking the Town of Millstreet
And admire the green countryside where North Cork and East Kerry meet
Since i left old Duhallow change has also come with the years
And for the what used to be i have shed my last tears
Though i never back then thought i would be so long away
From the places i loved where i first saw light of day
My journey from Duhallow took me to places elsewhere
To live and to travel in the big World out there
Only memories of what was i have to retain
Of places i loved i may not see again
It was my love of adventure made a traveler of me
Though a Claraghatlea fellow i always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment