Monday, June 5, 2017

Duhallow In June

The scent of freshly mowed grass in my nostrils so sweet
That comes wafting to me from the fields near Millstreet
Though the sky above Duhallow is overcast and gray
There is no talk of rain in the weather forecast today
Making the most of the dry weather in Nature's own light
The silage harvesters working from dawn till the gloam before night
I fancy i hear them from here far away
The past may be gone but old memories stay
Of green old Duhallow with June in her prime
And scenes that have inspired song, story and rhyme
In pursuit of flying insects across the gray sky
The dark barn swallows do chirp as they fly
In my pleasant memories of the what used to be
In the wind the sweet scent of mowed grass does come wafting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment