Monday, June 19, 2017

For So Many Years

For so many years i have been writing rhyme
But what i enjoy doing to me never a waste of time
It is my love of rhyming keeps me rhyming on
Though my physical best years in life are long gone

Way back in the Autumn of seventy three
It was my love of rhyme made a rhymer of me
So much water has flowed to the sea since then
The babies at that time now middle aged women and men

Rhymers are known for to write rhymes every day
But that anyone can write rhyme does seem true for to say
And though it is not out of rhyming literary legends are sown
The music in rhyme has a charm of it's own

Rhyme the poetry of the past by literary experts not seen as so today
So few rhymers now ever do make rhyming pay
Yet the rhymers keep on rhyming as their kind will forever more
For as long as the big waves of the ocean break upon the rocky shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment