Sunday, July 9, 2017

Why Should I Care

Why should i care when i die whether i am buried or cremated when i have lived my last night and day
Years ago by Cashman's Hill in St Mary's i hoped my last remains would lay
But today on that i feel quite different on the whereabouts of my last resting place
Or if i will be forgotten and none will remember my face

I have had a good life when compared to many with good luck and good health on my side
Though i cannot boast of any achievements that would leave me with a sense of pride
But this to me no disappointment since death renders us all as the same
The wealthy the poor and fringe dwellers and those who have never known of fame

I am in my three score and tenth years life's up and down times i did survive
To me every day is a bonus i feel happy just to be alive
I have known of tough times like many and i have known of worry and stress
I feel happy to retain my gift of life the greatest gift i do possess

I love life more than i do fear death and i hope for to keep living on
For as long as i possibly can live until the last breath of life from my body has gone
And though my best years are in the forever gone and old age of me looming ahead
I will live for as long as i can live since i will be forever dead

Years ago to me it really mattered where my last remains were to lay
But what was important to me then to me not important today
How marvelous it is to be living with Nature's beauty everywhere around me
And out there on the sunlit paddock the magpie lark is singing pee wee.

No comments:

Post a Comment