Thursday, September 7, 2017

To Those Who Ask Me

To those who ask me how much money i receive for penning rhyme my only reply
Is such a nice day though rain clouds in the sky
And the wild birds are singing on the bushes and trees
Their pleasant notes carrying in the freshening breeze
That blow up the hill from the saltwater bay
How nice to be living on such a nice day
On replying to their question i find this a better way
Than being to the point and having to say
You mimd your own business what i receive for my rhyme
As it is up to me what i do with my spare time
By deliberately not answering the question this is my way of trying not to be rude
To the one on what is my business is trying to intrude
By not answering her or his question i am only trying to say
It is not of your business if for my rhymes i do or do not receive pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment