Saturday, October 7, 2017

No Business Of Mine

He said to me why do you persist on rhyme
And on penning of doggerel keep on wasting your time
But this is his opinion and this suits me fine
For what he thinks of me is no business of mine
Though perhaps he may be right on what he does say
And i ought to give some thought on giving rhyming away
But rhyming is my addiction and addictions are hard to forsake
And even among the most determined of people habits are hard to break
Since i am one of those lacking in mental grit
What happens to be my greatest passion i feel no desire to quit
Though he advised me to have a try at writing modern verse as it may be worth my while
A bit late for me to change my writing style
He too has his opinions and this suits me fine
But what is his business is no business of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment