Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Only Gift I Own

A stranger to many people one of the not well known
The gift of life my parents gave to me the only gift i own
The wealthy and the famous of the Human World of today
I do not envy them their lot in any sort of way
They are well known to many in every city and town
And though many do look up to them there are some would like to drag them down
Nature's beauty all around us we do not have to pay to see
Today red roses blooming on their sunlit mother tree
And the wildborn birds of Nature does chirp, whistle and sing
In the warmth of November near the end of the Spring
I feel no desire for wealth and fame and material success
And life the greatest gift of all the only gift i possess
I do not feel any desire others for to impress
I just wish to know of contentment and a life free of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment