Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Past Will Be With Me

The past will be with me until the day i do die
If i said any different this would be a lie
And for most other migrants it must be the same
Old memories cling to life like a flickering flame

And though memories of what was with me does remain
Perhaps i will never see Clara again
Or in Claraghatlea walk in the old fields where the waterways meet
In the green countryside near the Town of Millstreet

The roadways of life i have been up and down
Since i left my first home west of Millstreet Town
Where i would not be known by many today
Absence can make us strangers it does seem this way

Since i last climbed on Clara thirty one years ago
I do feel much older time has become my foe
And i never thought i would be so long away
From the place where i first looked on the lamp of day

Though memories remain with me of far away
I feel happy and content where i live today
Though sometimes in fancy my thoughts takes to wing
Suppose to feel a bit nostalgic at times can be a natural thing

Some times in fancy i hear and i see
A male robin singing on a leafy birch tree
With the warm sun of Spring on his orange breast
His partner nearby sits on her pale freckled eggs in her cup shaped nest

I only have memories of the what used to be
This is all of the past that does remain in me
But the now is what matters as the wise one does say
And i feel happy and content where i live today.

No comments:

Post a Comment