Wednesday, December 6, 2017

I Often Visit Claraghatlea

I often visit Claraghatlea on evenings in the Spring
When nesting birds in leafy groves do whistle chirp and sing
And the hawthorns look resplendent in their white blooms of the May
Whenever one does visualize nowhere seems far away
I hear the male snipe above the bog as darkness cloaks the sky
With his tail feathers make the strangest sounds as above his territory he does fly
That anywhere is not far away i have come to realize
The past it can become the now when one does visualize
From the high fields of Claramore the old silver tongued rill
Goes babbling on through Claraghatlea it's voice is never still
I may have physically left the old fields but the mental images of them with me stay
And in my visualizations i visit them every day
I often hear the wild birds sing in Spring before sundown
In my first homeplace in Claraghatlea just west of Millstreet Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment