Thursday, February 8, 2018

We Never Stop Learning

It was not want or hunger that brought me far south
Of the fields of the badger and watewrways of the brown trout
But in search of adventure in the big World out there
The migrant will always be one from elsewhere

In my prime years i often daydreamed that i would be a poet
One seen to be as worthy of literary note
But daydreams as is known for few do come true
And what i daydreamed of not to be my due

Today i would be a stranger to many west of Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
The passing of time has left me balding and gray
I have known of a far better physical day

We all have our dreams in life to pursue
In this respect i am no different to you
And though losing is a thing anyone does not choose
For one for to win others do have to lose

Far south of the fields of the silver backed crow
In the green countryside where the Blackwater flow
I am learning of life and Nature every day
We never stop learning it does seem this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment