Wednesday, May 30, 2018

We Can Only Live In The Now

From there i have been many Seasons away
And there to many i would be a stranger today
Claraghatlea two kilometres west of Millstreet town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown

Where i lived the physical best years of my life span
And where from a child i grew into a boy and from a boy grew into a man
But going back the years this now seems long ago
And time that rusts iron has become my foe

Today i would be a stranger to many in the Town of Millstreet
And few i know there i would happen to meet
The mentors of my childhood years among the deceased now lay
And my friends of my younger years like me have known of a better day

The old fields i loved in my memory remain
And on my flights of fancy i walk on them again
Where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy

I may never see old Duhallow again
Though memories of what was in me does remain
We can only live in the now as the wise one does say
And at the stroke of midnight the past will be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment