Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Friends Of The Past

Though i have long shed my last nostalgic tears
And i have not seen them for thirty two years
My friends of the past in my thoughts i recall
I socialized with them and played games of ball

On looking back the decades how quick time does fly
I only have memories of Seasons gone by
Our teen yearas go quickly and too our lives prime
And in memory we only can go back in time

In life we did go on our separate way
And to them i may well be a stranger today
And though them again i may never more see
In their thoughts of the past they may remember me

In my prime years i was one not without a friend
But time ticks along and old friendships do end
In life we had different journeys to go on
And though the past we remember the past it has gone

Since then i have grown older but i have not grown more wise
We played football together and with them i did socialize
My friends of the past i remember today
But we live in the now as the wise one does say.

No comments:

Post a Comment