Monday, August 30, 2010

On Seeing Swans With Their Cygnets

A male and female black swan and their four gray cygnets I see them swimming on the lake today
A thing of beauty that I will remember since such beauty from the memory never fade away
They looked so fluffy no more than a week old quite safe from danger with mum and dad quite near
The sun between the showers shone for a brief spell typical for late August in late Winter of the year
The first young swans I have seen of this their breeding season the species survival on the young depend
From their parents they learn the lessons of survival they will give life to many cygnets before their lives will end
The cycles of Nature does keep on repeating from east to west and north to southern shore
The southern black swans are part of Nature's family and Nature will live on forever more
The shallow Lake of Pertobe swollen by flood waters of the Merri River from recent heavy rain
On the lake the sight of parent black swans with their cygnets a memory for to cherish and retain
Until the Reaper claims the life's breath from me such pleasant memories with me will remain
And in my mind the lovely mental pictures when I visit my memories again.

No comments:

Post a Comment