Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Long For A Place

I long for a place by a river away from the streets of the town
Where musical shrike thrush is whistling in his feathers of light gray to brown
Away from the noise created by humans where the water goes gurgling along
And where gray butcherbird he is piping he has such a beautiful song

I long for a place in the country away from the loud city street
A small bungalow off of a by road near where a creek and a river do meet
Of such a place i often daydream and in fancy i often visualize
The birds of Nature chirping and singing in the gray dawn just before sunrise

I recall i've been in love with Nature ever since i was a young boy
And a walk in a quiet place on my own is something i thoroughly enjoy
I feel us humans are part of Nature though on that some with me may not agree
Though sometimes we take her for granted she is quite amazing to me

Were i a poet to the Mother of Nature a beautiful poem i would write
A poem that would make people happy to read to others and recite
The silver billed magpie is fluting on high branch of a sunlit tree
And wafting in the soft breeze of Summer i hear the song of the pee wee.

No comments:

Post a Comment