Friday, January 14, 2011

Since My Flaws Are Many

Since my flaws are many i've come to realize
I am not in a position for to criticize
People who have never harmed me and do the best they can
To live as a good woman or as a good man
But on people in positions of power whose decisions impact on others in a negative way
I feel i do have the right for to have my say
Their abuse of power is not an uncommon thing
And i leave it to others their praises to sing
I've been dismissed as a doggerelist with me that's okay
For writing bad verse that is my price to pay
Such criticisms i do not allow to get me down
I leave it to others to compete for literary renown
But on those in positions of power whose decisions impact on others in a negative way
Respect in my words i have no wish to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment