Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Rod For My Own Mind

To self improvement by them for years i've been denied
Yet for my negative feelings of self i have nowhere to hide
My own praises i cannot bring myself to sing
Though in the twenty first century with many this is a popular thing
Yes self promotion for many are the buzz words of the day
And bigger fool me for not seeing it in this way
Into poor opinion of self i've been for too long inclined
It must have been my catholic upbringing that has screwed up my mind
And though a belief in the existence of a god i no longer retain
The theological lessons of my young years in my subconscious remain
Words such as be humble at all times and self never promote
And never feel you are one who deserves to be worthy of note
I know all too well old habits are hard to break
A rod for my own mind as a child i did make.

No comments:

Post a Comment