Saturday, April 6, 2013

As I Have Written In Rhyme

As i have written in rhyme of and often did say
That only in death i'd give rhyming away
But on this of late i've been changing my mind
That i may give up on rhyming to the thought i'm resigned
For far too long i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one who has penned a whole heap of rhyming stuff
But rhyme is not poetry most literary experts imply
And of them of their opinions none ought to deny
We all have our limitations is how it seems to me
Though the positive thinkers with this  would not agree
The people who tell us we can be anything we wish ourselves to be
Suppose through different eyes we see things differently
And though with rhyming words i'm one who likes to play
I may not be a rhymer till my life's final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment